one thousand gifts
1. three things about yourself you are grateful for ~my faith~ I'm nurturing~ I care & feel things deeply.
2. a gift outside, inside, on plate ~the sunrise ~ my Crucifix ~ lasagna
three lines you overheard that were graces ~my mom makes the best chili ~ you inspired me ~ I love Jesus.
4. one gift old, new & blue ~my family ~my gym membership ~ the eyes of both my sons.
5. something your reading, you're making, you're seeing ~ one thousand gifts ~ gratitude list ~ beauty & joy everywhere
6. one thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart ~my pretty new journal~cold refreshing pomegranate juice~The Holy Spirit
7. three graces from people you love ~patience from husband ~ love from children ~ support from parents
8. a light that caught you, a reflection that surprised you, a shadow that fell lovely
9. a gift in your hand, a gift you walked by, a gift you sat with ~ Holy Bible & His saving Word ~ My picture of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus hanging in my kitchen~ family
10. a gift that's sour, a gift that's sweet, a gift that's Just. Right. ~grapefruit juice ~ an Oreo dunked in cold milk~ a honey crisp apple
11. three yellow things that strike you as fresh mercy ~Yellow crayons, how Anna used them as lines on the road that she was building. ~ the creamy yellow & crumbly coffee cake ~ The grass in the winter and how it always turn back to a vibrant green with the sun & rain of spring.
12. something above you, something below you, something beside you ~rain, sometimes I love rainy mornings, they are cozy and restful ~ a warm bed ~ my new book.
13. three sounds you hear ~Anna singing "I love snow..I love snow" on the way to school this morning.~ I love you, mom. ~ dinner prayer
14. three ways you glimpsed the startling grace of God ~big snow flakes ~back feeling better~my girls doing art work together
15. one thing you wore ~disco ball necklace, a gift from Ryan & how his face lights up when I wear it.
one thing you gave away ~kisses & hugs
one thing you shared ~popcorn & movie night with family
16. three ways you witnessed happiness today ~The girls playing & getting along ~Ryan in his new pair of shoes, they made him so happy ~ Kids, when I said they could have pop tarts for breakfast, I never buy these.
17. one gift that you made laugh ~watching Anna & Ryan play in the snow & fill the mailbox with rocks.
one gift that made you pray ~waking up.
one gift that made you quiet ~bible study homework
18. three gifts from God's Word ~
~ "I waited, waited for the Lord; who bent down and heard my cry, drew me out of the mud of the swamp, Set my feet upon rock, steadied my step, and put a new song in my mouth, a hymn to our God. Many shall look on in awe and they shall trust in the Lord"(Psalm 40:1-4)"
~ "...Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid"(Matthew 14:27).
~ "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,, whose hope is the Lord. He is like a tree planted beside the waters that stretches out its roots to the stream: it fears not the heat when it comes, its leaves stay green; in the year of drought it shows no distress, but still bears fruit" (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
19. a grace in the kitchen ~Alex baking a cake.
a grace in the weather~ Icicles in "the ugly tree."
~ a grace that might never have been ~my dear, sweet baby boy.
20. three gifts you saw only when you got close-up ~baby's long eyelashes~ the tender heart of someone I love ~ the swirl of a marble cake.
21. one thing in the sky ~Watching the rain turn to hail and then into the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen.
one thing from your memory ~My childhood vacation at Lake Michigan, playing in the waves with my mom & sister.
one thing that's ugly-beautiful ~The tree by our front window. We even call it, "the ugly tree." It's been under-pruned and then over-pruned. It's now cracked down the trunk. But, it was beautifully lit with white lights in December and our Nativity sat beneath it. In that tree, we have watched a mama bird guard her eggs. Then peeked at the tiny birds eagerly awaiting mama bird to return with food. And winter weather creates amazing art sculptures in its branches.
22. one grace wrinkled ~The pretty pastel tissue paper that held my gifts, so lovingly chosen by my children.
one grace smoothed ~Chocolate frosting on the cake baked & decorated by the kids.
one grace unfolded ~Hands in prayer.
23. three gifts found in Christ ~ His Sacred Heart ~ Mercy ~ Salvation
24. three things blue ~Ryan & John's eyes~ warm, soft fleece blanket ~ my slippers
25. one grace borrowed ~St. Gianna book
one grace found ~ time & patience
one grace inherited ~ my grandmother's rosary
26. a gift before nine am ~hubby getting up with baby
gift before noon ~ lunch with Alex
a gift after dark ~ baby rubbing my cheek while he nurses
27. three gifts that might never have been ~Jason ~ children ~ friendships
28. graces found in your friends ~Faith ~ generosity ~loyalty
29. a song heard ~ I Hope You Dance, singing it to Ryan while we danced at the mother/son dance.
a soft word ~ child
where you saw light ~Mass
30. three old things seen new ~my favorite tea ~ patty-cake ~ Old habits that are hard to change
31. a gift found on a paper ~ 3 brilliant report cards
in a person ~Fortitude
in a picture ~beauty through the eyes of children