Saturday, January 7, 2012

Giving it all to Him

I am forever chasing the elusive dream of organization. I love fresh calenders and planners, all the blank boxes waiting for activities and appointments. I delight in buying new bins and baskets, anything to contain the piles of endless papers. I love these things because they all hold the promise of an organized home. I seem to always grasp at tools to organize my life.

God has graced me with progress in so many areas of my life. But, organizing my home remains a struggle. Maybe, I have not fully given it to God yet. Sometimes I fear asking for His help with the little things. It seems to be easy to hand Him the big things & trust his Loving Providence. I handed Him my flat prayer life. He gave me spiritual intimacy. I gave God my failing body. He delivered my fourth tiny miracle into the world. I give Him my marriage, children and vocation every day. Why do I have a hard time giving him my little things?

"Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive." Matthew 21:22

"In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:6

My little things seem insignificant, yet they lay heavy on my heart. So, maybe that's enough. Maybe nothing is "too little" to give to God. If God has counted the hairs on my head, then maybe all my worries are important to him. I know there is no "little" in God. Gratitude is giving me the grace to invite God into the seemingly little moments of my life. I need to work on giving more to Him without fear that it's too small. No little moments...all God moments. No little grace...all God's perfect gift. Nothing is too small to give over to Him.

Lord, help me to give everything to you. It is only through your grace that my heart can be moved to change. All things through You. All things from You. Thank you, God, for...

136. energy and motivation
137. speaking to me about my vocation as a homemaker
138. perseverance
139. hope
140. movie night
141. hot baths
142. beautiful weather in January
143. kids getting to play on trampoline today
144. weekends
145. family time
146. chocolate cake

2 comments:

  1. Julie, this week in Bible Study Jeff Cavins focused on giving what "little" we have to God. I missed you there. Jeff was saying that we give any little we can to God, and He takes it and transforms it into miracles. (miracle of the loaves and fish to feed 5000, Mother Teresa doing ordinary work.) Your post made me think of all he said:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like i missed a good one! Well they're all good, I'll need to listen to the cd.

      Delete