Sunday, January 15, 2012

He Stooped Down to Me

Today, I felt the Mass was chosen just for me..I love it when that happens.

At that time Samuel was not familiar with the LORD,
because the LORD had not revealed anything to him as yet.
The LORD called Samuel again, for the third time.
Getting up and going to Eli, he said, "Here I am. You called me."
Then Eli understood that the LORD was calling the youth.
So he said to Samuel, "Go to sleep, and if you are called, reply,
Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening."
When Samuel went to sleep in his place,
the LORD came and revealed his presence,
calling out as before, "Samuel, Samuel!"
Samuel answered, "Speak, for your servant is listening."
Samuel grew up, and the LORD was with him,
not permitting any word of his to be without effect
. ~1 Samuel 3

Here I am I Lord; I come to do your will.
I waited, I waited for the Lord and He stooped down to me; he heard my cry.
He put a new song into my mouth, praise of our God.
Ps 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10

Today, in his homily, Father spoke about hearing our Lord's call. He said, we must know God, so that we might hear Him speaking to us. Like Samuel, we cannot hear what we do not know. We are in need of the wise and faithful Eli to lead us to our Lord. What are the things that help me to know the Lord? Who are the people who help me to hear God's call? Attending Mass and studying His Word help me to know God. My faithful parents, family and friends who fill my life, all help lead me to our Lord. And we are called to be Eli to our family, friends and even strangers.
In today's Gospel, Father said that Andrew and John went to where Jesus was lodged. It was there they would come to recognize Jesus is the Messiah. I must come to where Jesus is lodged in order to hear Him. I meet Him in the Mass, the Eucharist, Adoration, the Sacraments and the lives of the Saints. I meet him in prayer and in The Word. I am grateful for all the ways that Jesus is made known to me and for the opportunities to grow close to Him. Thank you, Lord...

168. For being able to be with Jesus in the Eucharist and Sacraments.
169. For priests who inspire by preaching your Word.
170. Church Hymns
171. The lives of the Saints who inspire me to hear and live God's will.
172. The Gospel
173. My Eli's- parents, grandma, husband, children, and friends.
174. Anna's hand reaching to me, during the Our Father.
175. My new charm made by my talented friend.
176. Critter prints in the snow, maybe a bunny, under a tree.
177. Rain drops hanging on a tree branch.
178. Sunday
179. Time with Ryan.
180. New prayer table.
181. Family rosary time.
182. snow crunching under my boots
183. bare branches against the purple and orange sunset
184. Ryan taking pictures of the sunset






2 comments:

  1. I like this Old Testament reading too. We had it at church Sunday (I'm Episcopalian) but it wasn't preached from. The psalm was 139 (138 in the Catholic Psalter?) and that's what was preached from -- well, as a starting point. It starts: "You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love psalm 139 & use to spend quite a bit of time praying that psalm. But, it's been a while since I've read it. Thank you, Leanne. God Bless.

      Delete