Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

I love this quote from http://www.aholyexperience.com/ 
Whenever Christmas begins to burden, it’s a sign that I’ve taken on something of the world and not of Christ. Any weight in Christmas has to be of this world.
Christ came into this world as grace to lift all the weighty burdens.
Trying to truly live this, this week, the final week of Advent.

A baby with a little cold, and kids home sick from school both yesterday & today. Plans have a way of changing real fast. The last of my gifts that I'm sewing will have to wait until they go to bed. Tonight that meant not starting until 10pm. Yet, it is okay. It will get done. And if it doesn't Christmas will still arrive & our celebration will still be joyous. Christmas photo by the tree has not been taken, that means cards have not gone out. Christmas will not be a burden this year. I will not rush, hurry & stress. His peace is filling me with great calm & joy.

#38...kids wrapping gifts
#39...still warm from the oven cookies
#40...flying flour while kids baking
#41...too much sugar poured on cut out cookies
#42...baby splashing in bath
#43...baby sleeping at breast, milk dribbling down chin
#44...Ryan drumming
#45...Ryan's smile
#46...Ryan's ESPN interview with himself as head coach
#47...accomplishing a task
#48...being ok with tasks left undone
#49...board games on the rug with sick son
#50...everyone asleep, I'm alone with my thoughts, prayers, music, sewing machine and a glass of red.

Lord, thank you for your abundant blessings. You alone are my peace & only by Your grace am I able to live fully for what I was created. Thank you for opening my heart. Thank you allowing me to see my gifts. There are no small gifts from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment